Friday, April 9, 2010

More news and pics!

Well, we have more news to share and some cute pics! We've been focusing on Kallie a little bit lately. She lost her tooth as evidenced in the picture below and she looks soooooo cute! " The dentist said that it is rare for children to lose teeth this young, but her x-rays look good and she's right on track to lose the other bottom tooth soon.

She also had a wonderful cardiology check up in which we were finally able to cut her appointments down to once a year with that dr.!!!!! This is very exciting news for us!

Then we received some not so good news from the pediatrician. Kallie hasn't been hearing well lately so the dr looked in her ears and started her on a round of antibiotics which didn't do much to clear up the fluid behind her eardrums. So she suggested another set of ear tubes which will be determined on May 12th by the ENT. She also checked Kallie's throat and said, "Wow, her tonsils are kinda big!" Then she said, "Wait a minute! She had her tonsils removed last june!" Low and behold, Kallie's tonsils are growing back! I've never heard of this but it apparently happens to about 3% of tonsillectomy patients. Of course it would happen to Kallie! So we will know more about that after the 12th as well. It seems as though, if there is anything out of the ordinary that can happen to a child it happens to Kallie! I almost want to lock her in a plastic bubble and never let her out, but I haven't reached that stage of insanity yet!

All other things are going fairly well. Abbie has been playing spring soccer and loving it! She's had 2 games so far and scored a goal in each game! I'll post pics of soccer later!
This cute picture is of Abbie and Kallie dressing up and doing their make-up! I love how they wear the eye shadow on their eyebrows! So silly!

The pregnancy is going ok. The baby is doing great, but I'm more than ready to be done and we still have 7 weeks to go!! I pulled my abdominal muscles trying to lift Kallie and doing too much so now I'm in constant pain with no relief in sight until the baby comes. The pregnancy strains those muscles anyway and most things that I do strain them more. The only ways of treating this condition is heat, Ibuprofen, and rest, none of which I can do until the baby comes! I'll be sooooo happy when he is here for many many reasons!
So, that is life in a nutshell for us right now! Karlo has been steadily working for the past month or so and we are very grateful for that and for all of the many other blessings we've been given! I hope you enjoy the pics and until next time.............

3 comments:

Liz said...

Wow...sounds like things are busy around your house. I pulled my abdomen muscles the other day too. I actually went to the hospital and they recommended one of those maternity support bands. Really, I don't think it's helping. I'm glad that you're doing okay though!! Can't wait to hear more about your cute (growing) family!!

Sarah Pittard said...

YIKES!! That's crazy about Kalli's tonsils growing back... and so sorry to hear about the pulled muscles :( that's no fun!! Can't wait to see pictures of your new little guy and of course find out what you guys decide to name him!!

Lacey Green said...

Love the eyeshadow pictures! So cute! Hang in there... it will be soon now, I know it!