1. Last week we had an FHE lesson about how we chose to follow Heavenly Father's plan in the pre-mortal existence and how we want to continue to choose Heavenly Father's plan rather than to follow Satan. Apparently, this stuck with Kallie! She has mentioned it a few times this week, generally in relation to someone being angry or disobedient. Tonight, at dinner, I was talking with Karlo about a problem we've been having with our neighbor's cats. I guess I must have sounded upset because Kallie looked at me and said, "Mommy, do you know that we don't want to follow Satan's plan?" I replied, "Yes, Kallie. I know." And she told me, "We want to follow Heavenly Father's plan." What a sweet, smart, beautiful child!
2. I'm not sure where this idea came from, but Kallie has been telling me about signs lately.... Whenever I do something she doesn't want me to do, she says, "Mom, see that sign? (pointing upward to an imaginary sign) It says.......ie: don't clean, listen to Kallie!" Well, last night she wanted me to read her a book. It was a very simple book, so I said, "Why don't you read it to me?" To which Kallie replied, "Mom, see that sign? It says, Kallie Gracie can't read!" I laughed and laughed at the irony of this, then, later, shared the story with Karlo, and we laughed and laughed some more!! She is so cute!
So, as you can see, parenthood is the absolute most difficult job in the world at times, but also has the sweetest rewards!
Until next time.....

P.S. I wrote this post in yellow font in honor of Kallie's favorite color!!

3 comments:
what a sweety! And YES, the terrible 2's are NOTHING compared to the Torturious 3's!! Hang in there only 1 more year till she's a know-it-all at 4!! Love ya!
Kids say the darndest things!!
Oh Kallie! It's so hard to realize when you are in the middle of a tantrum that it is just a phase and she will get over this. I love the sign thing. So funny!! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment