Thursday, January 15, 2009

Giving Thanks

So, I had a very special experience a few days ago that I'd like to share. Karlo called on Monday afternoon to ask if I could come pick him up from work so I loaded up the girls and we went. Kallie fell asleep on the way so I decided to park outside the window of the office and leave the girls in the car while I went in to get Karlo. Of course, it's cold here so I thought I'd leave the car running as I often do when I drop off or pick up Abbie from school. Just as I was stepping out of the car an image flashed through my mind of Abbie and Kallie in the car, Abbie in the drivers seat, crashing through the wall of windows of Karlo's office! So, thankfully, I turned the car off and took the keys. As I walked inside I thought how silly that was because Abbie NEVER gets out of her car seat when I have to run in somewhere and leave them in the car. She just has never done it before. So I went in and was talking with Karlo while he finished up on the computer and I glanced out the window and saw...... ABBIE IN THE DRIVER'S SEAT!!! I almost fainted and then felt like I should drop to my knees and Thank our Heavenly Father for giving us the gift of the Holy Ghost to help us through this life. I immediately knew that the image I saw was a prompting from the Holy Ghost to keep my family safe! I am so grateful for that experience!
Later, I was in charge of our family home evening lesson so I decided to teach the girls about the Holy Ghost and how he can help us. So, as I was trying to explain this difficult concept to my adorable children, and sharing this special experience, my little Kallie jumps off the couch and runs over to me and says,(in her cute little 2 year old voice) "Mommy, I need to tell you sumpin'!" So, I paused and listened to her. She said, "Mommy I have a fwiend dhost named tewi and she jumps out and says BOO!" I had to try really hard to be serious and not break into laughter at that point!
From that, I decided that I just love the innocence and simplicity of my little girls. They do drive me crazy at times but I've been focusing on trying to see them the way our Savior would and they have become much easier to be with and the spirit in our home is stronger.
Sorry, I don't have any pictures and videos to go along with this post but I have some really cute ones on my camera waiting to be downloaded so as soon as I have time I'll do that and share them with you.
Until next time.......

3 comments:

Ryan n Heidi said...

Wow! What an experience! Isn't it amazing how the spirit works in our lives?

Pals Place said...

Crazy! Thanks for sharing your story, you are a wonderful mother to follow the spirit even when you don't know why. So glad everyone is safe.

Lacey said...

WOW!! I felt the spirit as I read this!!! Thank you for sharing that with us!