Abbie had a birthday, Shout HOORAY! My little girl turned 7 and I just can't believe it! She wanted a Hannah Montana party, but I don't totally love Hannah Montana so I turned it into a kind of rock star party with a few Hannah Montana accents(plates, goody bags, etc...). She wanted this cool guitar cake we found in the Family Fun magazine and she wanted it decorated like an American flag. So.... this is what we ended up with!
It turned out to be a little trickier than I thought and I just may have gone insane without Karlo's cake decorating expertise and help! She had a fun party with friends and family and got some great presents including lots of Zhu Zhu pet stuff, which is way better(in my opinion) than a real hamster!
Abbie also started fall soccer in September and is loving it! She has a new team and a new coach who we absolutely love! This is the year that soccer becomes more than just chasing a ball around a field and occasionally getting lucky enough to kick it in for a goal. Coach has been teaching them more about playing certain positions, passing, defending, and all around teamwork. Abbie seems to be picking up on everything, though she still lives in la la land at times. Her team, The Butterflies, have won all of their games so far and have 3 more left to play! We're so proud of our Abbie girl and are having so much fun with this stage of her life!
Kallie's been a little bored, stuck at home with Mommy and Kelton, but most days we stay busy enough that she doesn't have time to get too bored! She is learning how to be a great big sister and helping Mom like a pro! We just went to a check up with her endocrinologist and she is growing great and her health is awesome right now and we are so grateful for that! Abbie has been teaching her to read and she's showing some definite progress. She likes to do homework with Abbie so I bought her some preschool workbooks and her very own homework folder since I can't really afford preschool right now. She loves it! I love having little ones who love to learn!



Kelton is growing too! He is a very "HEALTHY" baby boy! That's what Karlo says whenever I call him fat! I'm not sure how much he weighs because his 4 month check up isn't until next week, but according to the Wii Fit, he's around 16 lbs. What a chubby boy! He's so cute and it's lots of fun having a baby around again! Lots of work, but lots of fun! He's teething right now and that's not so much fun. He's been cranky and restless all week! But he's still smiley and cute!

In other news.... Karlo got a new job!!! He started work at Terracon Construction last week doing all kinds of testing on the construction of energy producing windmills. He's very excited to start climbing to the tops of the windmills(300 ft up) and hopes that will happen soon! There is, however, a downside to this new job. It's about 2 hours away from home! They work long hours most days and they offer per Diem(sp) pay for living expenses so that helps, but WE MISS HIM! We get to see him on Sundays and I know that is a lot more than some families see each other so I have to be thankful for that! We're hoping that this job, although temporary, will open up new opportunities for Karlo and give him some enjoyment while providing for his family!
I have also found a new opportunity to be excited about. It's a long story but my good friend and I have become involved in helping to bring a new product into the market in the United States. We've been learning about how toxic our skincare products can be to the human body and the reasons that it is that way and are very excited about this new product line coming to the U.S.! We've learned that there are no federal regulations on what manufacturers are allowed to put into skincare and personal care products and there are also no chemical free options out there. Here's a link to a great video clip that talks about this problem http://storyofcosmetics.org/ or http://www.storyofstuff.org/ Also, visit this website and search any of your current produts to find out their toxicity levels - www.cosmeticsdatabase.com. Until Now! A lady in Croatia developed a line of skincare products that are 100% all natural, chemical free, and non-toxic and is now bringing it to the United States with a multi-level marketing plan. If anyone is interested please contact me as I would love to share more with you! I was able to get my hands on some samples and tried it on my kids, who all have horrible skin, and it has been like a miracle cure. Abbie's hands were so dry they were bleeding and everything I put on her either stung or made it worse until I tried this! It was an overnight, amazing cure! Kallie's skin is so super sensitive that she breaks out in red bumpy rashes if anything new comes into contact with her skin and this product is the only thing that doesn't break her out! And Kelton has yucky dry patches of skin that are finally being helped by this new natural skincare line! I'm so happy and excited about this and I would really love to share it with all of my friends so PLEASE let me know if you need more info!
Anyway, I feel like I'm rambling a bit now so I better be done. So enjoy the update and until next time.....

5 comments:
LOVE LOVE LOVE this post!! Now I have to stop being a blog slacker and get mine updated!
xoxoxoxox
Love this last picture with Kelton's toungue out!!!
Your family is so cute. We'll have to come over more since we don't live that far away.
I love love love that last picture!!! I wish I was as good as you at blogging!
cutest picture ever as the last! Love the smiles!
Post a Comment