Thursday, April 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Kallie Grace!

I know it's been almost two weeks since Kallie's birthday, but I just found my house again, after our "project", not to mention the cord for my camera. So, finally, I'll tell you all about Kallie's birthday! On the 4th, which is her actual birthday, we went to Wahooz Family Fun Zone to meet with our wonderful Turner Syndrome support group! Unfortunately, Karlo was still working on the floor so he wasn't able to come with us and he was missed. But, we tried to have fun anyway! We had pizza and talked with all of our friends while the kids played in the Kiddie Kove. Then the girls and I decided to play a round of miniature golf and it was quite an experience! Here's a cute picture of the girls and a GREAT video of how the Stucki girls play mini-golf!


Because of our TS meeting, we decided to have Kallie's birthday party on sunday afternoon. It was conference weekend so it worked out great for us and for most of our friends. I made Kallie's cake during the second session of conference at our friend's house, where we had been staying all week. (Thanks Josie and Tovey!) Then we gathered up party supplies and headed to our backyard(the floor was still drying)! Thank goodness for a beautiful sunny day! We had some friends who came to celebrate with us and it was a basic, "cake, ice cream, and presents" party. All the kids who were there were little girls and they loved the bubble blowing kits we handed out as party favors! Kallie had lots of fun trying to blow out her candles and opening her gifts! We feel so blessed that our little "miracle" baby is now 3 years old! It's been a bumpy road, but a wonderful journey to share with one another and we are hopeful for many great years to come. There will always be challenges, but we know that as we approach them with faith, prayers, and a positive attitude, all things will work out for the best! Happy Birthday Kallie Grace! Enjoy the photos!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Wow, 3 years old!! The time does fly with the little ones. What a fun birthday party. I especially love the cake...what a great cake for a special little girl!

Happy Birthday, Kallie!!

Grandma a/k/a Kathy said...

What a fun birthday for Kallie! I almost changed my blog background to this one! Good job updating! Love you!