Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's been awhile!

Well, It's been quite a while since I last posted so I thought I should take advantage of the time I have right now while Karlo is at scouts and the girls are asleep! We have been so very busy these last few weeks. My choir concert went great from where I was but not so great for Karlo. He said the girls were very naughty and they wouldn't sit still! He told me, "They're never coming again!" I think they just need a little more practice! But don't they just look like little angels!?

We've also been attending party after party lately. It started with the concert and then it was my relief society enrichment dinner(tuesday) at which I sang a solo(Breath of Heaven) and in a small group(Guard Him Joseph). I was told that both songs were beautiful! Thursday, Dec. 11th, was Karlo's 31st birthday so we had a little family birthday party for him. It was just Karlo and I and the girls but it was fun. Abbie and Kallie "helped" me make brownies for Daddy because that's his favorite.


His presents were not quite a surprise for him though. A few weeks ago we bought Karlo a new wallet and Abbie accidentally let the cat out of the bag. As the story goes, Karlo was putting on his shoes one day and he said, "I need new shoes, these ones are falling apart." Without thinking, Abbie said, "Yeah and so is your wallet but that's ok because we are getting you a new one, mommy said!" And then she realized what she said and burst into tears. All I could do was laugh which of course made her even more upset. Karlo just said, "Oh Well."
On Friday Karlo and I went, sans children, to a little get together with some of Karlo's work associates and friends. The company is not doing so well in this economy so they decided to skip the annual Christmas party and a few of the guys decided they would have one anyway. It was fun! We had great food and played some fun games and we had a "white elephant" gift exchange. That was interesting, as always, but Karlo ended up with a dutch oven so he was happy!

Then next day we had three parties to attend all in one day. First was a friends birthday party, then it was our Turner Syndrome support group Christmas Party. Both were very fun. At the TS party we had a gift exchange and I ended up with a little movie night package. It had a dvd, A Knights Tale, and some microwave popcorn and some of my favorite candy, Hot Tamales and Starbursts. Of course I had to share the candy with the girls. I tried to tell Kallie that she wouldn't like the hot tamales but she wanted one anyway so here's what happened.....




I thought it was pretty funny but Kallie did not!
Later that night was our ward Christmas party which was great. I sang in a trio at that one and it turned out pretty good. I just love our ward, although I'm a little nervous right now because I was released as the primary secretary and I haven't been given a new calling yet but the bishopric has assured me that it won't be long!

Other than partying we've been just doing our thing. Karlo was off of work for a week(without pay) because there just wasn't any work to do, but he did work on stuff around the house which was great. Abbie is still loving school and doing great. We had our first parent/teacher conference and the teacher said that Abbie is a great leader and all the kids want to play with her, but she can be a little bossy at times. HAHAHA! Bossy? Not our Abbie! Here she is getting ready to hop on the bus!

Kallie has been keeping me very busy with her doctor appointments and therapies. They all seem to pile up at once every now and then. But, other than a nasty ear infection and humongous tonsils, she is doing really great right now. She had kind of a rough day on the swings at OT and PT today but she'll recover. Here's a great video of her at OT on a good day.




Well, I know this post is long so I'll try to keep up better and do shorter posts, more often. Until next time, here's wishing you a Merry Christmas and a great New Year!

2 comments:

Carlie said...

I love the video of the Hot tamale and Kallie. Yes, you did do a wonderful job on your songs, and yes you will be missed as the Secretary- I still think they should have just kept you in, but I will try to fill your shoes and do as wonderful job as you did! Thanks for your help in easing me into this calling, you're the best!

Lacey said...

Yeah, I finally came to visit your blog!!! I love it! I laughed so hard at the hot Tamale! So cute! Way to get it on video!